Wednesday 16 March 2011

Putting the People First

I was enormously inspired by a Channel Four series recently - The People's Supermarket in which chef Arthur Potts Dawson set out to challenge the major supermarket chains by setting up a cooperative supermarket in London, owned and run entirely by members.

The whole programme was fascinating and incredibly inspiring; one of the best TV programmes I've seen in I can't remember how long.  It also chimes with so many of the themes that we've discussed on the blog over the last year or so, from local food, to waste, to community action.

You can watch the whole series for the next two weeks only, on the Channel Four website, and you can also visit the People Supermarket website at http://www.thepeoplessupermarket.org/.

I urge you not to miss it!

Picture from The People Supermarket's website.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, can I have one of those, please? Yoohoo, Arthur, Norwich is a really nice town, you know.

    ReplyDelete