Thursday 11 July 2013

In praise of bees


 It only seems to be a  few weeks since there was not a bee to be seen in the cold, windy weather and I had to use a paintbrush to pollinate my peach tree in the greenhouse.


Suddenly there are hundreds of bees all over the garden, enjoying the flowers and the clover in what passes for a lawn - so I got my camera out to record their industrious activity.


It all seems harmonious in the bee world,  you don't see them fighting over the best nectar.


After a belligerent week for the Parish Council with arguments and accusations over planning applications,  I wished that we humans could be more like the bees and find ways to work together and with nature.


Maybe we should eat less meat and more nectar?


The cat was not impressed by that suggestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment