Saturday 7 January 2012

Daily Bread

Yesterday I taught A how to make soda bread.

Shopping and cooking well are such important life-skills, ones that I was taught a long time ago, so since I was little, I've never had a fear of cooking anything, even things I've never cooked before. They don't always turn out right first time, but it's never a problem. A was delighted, both with her efforts and with the result!

Simple Soda Bread Recipe

500g plain white flour
1 level teaspoon salt
1 1/2 (one and a half) level teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda

Sift together in a bowl, then add

100ml milk
300ml yogurt

Mix together until you get a soft dough. Shape into a rough ball.

Put on a greased baking tray, lightly dusted with flour, and bake at 180C for about 40 mins

You'll know it's cooked if the base makes a hollow sound when tapped!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment