Saturday 19 November 2011

Come round mine for a jamming session....

I like to think of myself as a bit radical or 'rad' as we used to call it. However I am not. This came as a bit of a shock not least to me. We spend our youth trying to fit in and our adulthood trying to express our indiviuality. I thought I might spend a night at Occupy Norwich not just because I agree with their ideas but because I missed out on Greenham Common and want to be able to SAY I was at Occupy Norwich in years to come. That way I could sound like an activist and impress young people without putting myself in too much danger. But I better get a move on before it gets really cold. Thinking about it I might just make them some brownies and take some good photos. At the end of the day we must all recognize our talents. We all have our part to play. I have seen people fall out over differences in lifestyle choices when it comes to being a transitioner. But there is more than one way to skin roadkill and at the end of the day we have much more in common with each other than with people who have not recognized the need to change our behaviour.

So now I just have to make brownies so that I can say I was 'involved' in Occupy Norwich..

So just to explain the image. This is my flat mate Kate, who knows all about preserves, teaching me to make crab apple jelly. Mine came out rather lumpy but tasted fine. I got many of the apples from the Foodcyle evening at the Quaker meeting house but also some from behind the womens centre on Colegate (a woman came rushing out to tell me not to eat them as they were not 'real' apples) which was sweet. I also picked some sloes and put them in vodka (a present from Russia from my dad) to make sloe vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment